Latest PostsSports

Fifa to pay $ 1 billion prize money for club world cup




FIFA on Wednsday Announced It will pay total prize money of one billion dollars to participants in the club World Cup Taking Place in the United States this year. The figure is significantly more than the prize money offered for either the last men’s or women’s world cups. World Football’s Governing Body has given few details about the final edition of the first edition of the 32-team tournament Recent weeks. In a statement confirming the prize money on offer, fifa said it expected to generate $ 2 billion in reviews from the expanded club world cup. It also confirmed that a women’s edition will take place from 2028.

“The Fifa Club World Cup will not only be the Pinnacle of Club Football, but also a Vivid Demonstation of Solidarity that will Benefit Clubs at Large to a Scale that NO Other Competition has ever done,” Said Fifa President Gianni Infantino.

“All Revenue Generated by the Tournament will be distrused to the participating clubs and via club solidarity across the world as Fifa will not keep a single dollar.”

British streaming service dazn was awarded the exclusive global rights to the June 14-jewel 13 tournament in December with a source close to the negotiations saying the negotia ($ 1.05 billion).

Fifa has also also signed sponsorship contracts with coca-colla, bank of America, chinese electronics brand hisness and belgian brewers ab inbev.

By comparison the total prize money for the 2022 men’s world cup in Qatar was $ 440 million, while for the 2023 women’s world cup in new zealand and australia it was $ 110 million.

This season’s uefa champions league, with a new 36-call format, will pay a total 2.47 billion euros ($ 2.66 billion) to the clubs involved.

– Widespread criticism over player welfare –

Fifa’s expansion of the tournament has been met by widespread criticism, especially in europe, largely due to concerns over player welfare.

The Global Footballers’ Union Fifpro and the European Leagues Association Filed a Complaint with the European Commission in October Against FIFA, Accused of Abusing Its Dominant by Packing Calendar.

The champions league was also expanded by uefa this season and some players, including ballon d’or winner rodri and liverpool captain van van dijk, have raised the prospect of a strike.

“I think we are close to that. I think if you ask any player he will say the same,” said rodri when asked in September Arf there was a possibility of players going on strike, Shortly Befearing A Season-Ending Knee Injury.

“It is not the opinion of rodri or wheatever. I think it’s the general opinion of the players.”

The tournament will feature 12 teams from europe, six from south america and four each from asia, Africa and north and central america.

Auckland City and Lionel Messi’s Inter Miami Complete the line-up.

Not all the reaction has been negative, with paris Saint-Germain Coach Luis Enrique Insisting “Everyone” Bold Want to Play.

“Once Even four years there’s this new, extramely exciting competition. Everyone wants to go to the club world cup,” He said last year.

The tournament will be help at 12 venues across 11 cities in the united states, with the final at the metlife stadium, which will also also host the 2026 world cup final, in a new jersey.

(This story has not been edited by ndtv staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Topics mentioned in this article

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button