Namaz Break End in Assam Assembly: The tradition that has been going on in Assam for 90 years, now Muslim MLAs will not get Namaz Break – Assam Assembly Namaz Break Discontinued after Ninety Years LCLNT

The tradition of two -hour ‘Namaz’ break for decades in the Assam Assembly was abolished from the budget session this time. The decision was taken in the August session last year, but it was first implemented in this session.
Muslim MLAs expressed protest
However, Muslim MLAs protested this decision. AIUDF MLA Rafiqul Islam expressed displeasure over the verdict, saying, “There are about 30 Muslim MLAs in the assembly, we opposed the decision, but it was imposed on the basis of majority.”
At the same time, the Leader of the Opposition Debabrata Saikia (Congress) said that arrangements can be made to offer namaz near Muslim MLAs. He told that on Friday, many of his companions and AIUDF MLAs went for Namaz, so that they could not attend the discussion.
The speaker described the decision as per the constitution
Assembly Speaker Biswajit Daari, while linking this decision with the secular form of the Constitution, said that ‘the proceedings of the House should be carried out on Friday like other days’. The proposal was placed before the Rules Committee of the Legislative Assembly and passed unanimously.
Support of Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma welcomed the decision. He said that this tradition was launched in 1937 by Syed Sadullah of the Muslim League and the decision to eliminate it has been taken to remove colonial traditions.
What was the rule earlier?
In the Assam Legislative Assembly, the first Muslim MLAs were given a special holiday of two hours to offer the prayers of Friday. During this time the proceedings of the House were stopped. However, the opposition has opposed the decision to end this tradition and termed it as arbitrary for the majority.